I made a new tutorial for Stamp n Doodle! Pop over and play in the challenge.
I printed a map of Ireland clipart from the Internet on orange cs, stitched it to the green.
After printing the Irish Dancer and two Celtic Knots on white, I cut the girl with a die and punched the circles. Teagan is colored with watercolor pencils. The sentiment is computer generated. I made fabric yo-yos and stitched them into shamrocks, adhered flossed buttons, and snips of paper for stems. Sentiment is punched and edge is inked.
Credits – – –
Images – girl and circles: Stamp N doodle.
Card stock: glorious green, pumpkin pie, white from Stampin’ Up!
Die cut: Spellbinders
Punches – circle, label: Stampin’ Up!
Fabric, embroidery floss: Jo-Ann’s
How to make a Yo-Yo Shamrock
You will need a circle of fabric twice the diameter of your finished shamrock, sewing thread and needle.
1. With a length of doubled thread, knotted, start the needle close to the edge. Take small stitches, in and out.
2. Do the “running stitch” all the way around.
3. Gather. Secure with a knot wrapped around the needle 3 times.
4. Work into a circle. This is your yo-yo.
5. Make a running stitch up both layers. Come back down with the needle and draw tight. Make a knot.
6. Move over to another section and do the same as #5. This creates the 3 petals. Don’t worry about the spacing, guessing where the thirds are is fine.
7. You are finished! Embellish as you wish with buttons, rhinestones, sequins, etc.
Need to see a close up of the shamrock?