Here are two cards I want to share with you made with one of the Fun Stampers Journey set “Wonderful Day”.
I masked stamps and filled the panel with these images, then colored with Color Splash watercolor pencils. I inked the edge before adhering to the blue panel, which I put on a what card that was dry embossed with the Journey bloom folder.
Experimenting with a base inking under the die cut panels of stamped blooms, I used the cut out left over from the flower panel as a masking frame to add ink to the white card. Flowers were also colored with colored pencils.
It was fun to see what I could come up with using the one stamp set. These are such pretty flower stamps and I love practicing my water-coloring on them.
If you want any of these Fun Stampers Journey images or other product, please email my daughter at firstname.lastname@example.org, she doesn’t pay for the site any longer but does order our supplies all the time.
I wanted to make a page in my art journal about the eclipse from this morning. Here is the blank page I created with watercolor crayons and watercolor pencils.
I first sketched in the moon with pencil, used crayons and wet it down, went over the moon with the watercolor pencils. The girl is stamped with black Stazon and watercolored in. She is “Reach for the Stars” from Unity Stamps. More stamping in black from the Stampin’ Up set called “In the Sky”, a very old set from before my introduction to rubber stamping actually, I believe I bought it a my Demo’s “Yard sale” a long time ago. Those are watercolored in too.
And here is a pic of the page written on with a Micron pen. I broke up what might have been paragraphs or different parts of my account of the morning.
Oh, the navy stars are from a TH die cut.
I must give credit to my inspiration for my sketch. http://fineartamerica. com/featured/blue-moon-s-vagabond.html
Thanks for stopping by, I’d love to hear any experience you had this morning with the eclipse.
This was a fun and quick card from yesterday. I made it for a Splitcoast VSN challenge, requirement was “hat”. The ladies (Hero Arts) were stamped on watercolor paper, colored with watercolor pencils and punched out. The sentiment HB is a Stampin’ Up! stamp, the word was cut from the Forever Young Cricut cartridge. Patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket, solid cs is SU.
I did two challenges last night for the Splitcoast Virtual Stamp Night. It is such a fun event with new challenges going up all the time over the weekend. Yesterday was spent going to a craft show and a huge rummage sale at the local mega-church. Kris and I found some fun things for sure.
The first challenge was to use a trellis and flowers.
A player may only spend 45 minutes or less on the making of a card. I knew I wanted to use my Stampin’ Up die, which I had never used before. I decided to spray some Tattered Angels heirloom gold spritz on it. Being that I needed to get on with it, and didn’t want to paste the wet die cut down, I took it to the heat gun. I have a piece of aluminum covered cardboard used for support and heat transfer for images. What I didn’t know is that it had something on it, like a wax of some sort, I think. It wasn’t until it had melted and seeped onto my piece that I realized it. I decided it would just have to be, and called it “adding character”. I then stamped three of the white flowers with my favorite star burst stamp, from Heartfelt Impressions, with the same summer starfruit ink as the panel; glued them down and added a clear rhinestone. For added embellishments I added a Graphic 45 cut out and a die cut a stem from the SU Secret Garden set. Then the stamped and punched sentiment.
The second challenge I participated in was to take my inspiration for a card from the old song “Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer”. I immediately thought about the woman in the boat from the Summer by the Sea SU stamp set. I chose patterns from my scrap bin for this one, after selection a sketch to work with from the collection at the SCS site. I stamped the green grid paper with a script from the Open Sea set. Instead of a strip of paper or a ribbon I cut some fabric, added a Bo Bunny brad for the final panel. The image was stamped with Timber Brown Stazon, onto watercolor paper and colored with SU watercolor pencils.
These are both nice for mailing because they are relatively flat. I don’t have anybody in mind though. But, I will have them on hand.