I feel like I haven’t been playing with my stamps and paper and ink enough so this afternoon I made 4 cards.
The first one is a digi stamp from Ike’s Art. It’s a fabulous Greek House. On Ike’s blog the challenge is to make something with a winter theme.
I went with the card sketch from Splitcoaststampers for today. The house is colored with watercolor pencils. I added some puff paint for snow. The silver flag is SU’s glitter paper and so is the stamped sentiment. Also entered this Greek House card in the Crazy Challenge #159 – Snowy Winter – it fits so well.
This next card uses the same sketch. The main image is a stamp from Hero Arts that has only now felt ink on its red rubber. The patterned papers are Basic Grey and the solid is Stampin’ Up! – Cranberry, Vanilla and Sand.
These birthday cards will go to the card ministry at church.
The SU satin ribbon in Chocolate Chip is simple allowing the detail of the stamped sentiment remain the main focus. I did this card for a Splitcoaststampers challenge.
I had never used this next stamp either. It is from Inkadinkadoo. I used black embossing powder on the phone to make it stand out as really black. The idea of this vintage telephone remains a favorite of mine since I spent the major part of my life in the phone company.
This romantic Basic Grey paper looks sweet with the SU solids. Isn’t the little “hello” SU stamp so cute? The flower was stamped with the same ink color as the cs and the ribbon – Calypso Coral and adds a sweet touch. That color is retired but the Crisp Cantaloupe works well, just a tad lighter. I found these pieces in my scrap bin.
About my “cost balancing” I reevaluated my figures at the advice of some ladies on Splitcoast who are seasoned in this endeavor. I also made a purchase on Monday that really sets me back. I was hoping to show some “plus” to use when the new catalogue hits. As it stands now, with these cards, a scrap book layout I did yesterday, and the purchase at Sam Flax I am $10.74 in the red. I better get busy and make some more cards! I do have a layout I’m nearly done with – just have to get the title cut with my Cricut and add some embellishments.