I created this layout from a sketch at Splitcoast Stampers for a challenge to use mists, inks, etc. to create my own background. I used watercolor paper since I would be getting it wet. I started by clear embossing the Swallowtail stamp from Stampin’ Up!
Then came the fun of playing around with the wet stuff. I used two Distress paints – Victorian velvet (right side over the embossed image), brushed pewter (left top and down to the center). Then for the bottom left I inked the paper with SU’s Primrose Petals and sprayed it with a mister of Pink Pirouette so I could move it around like watercolor. While still wet I sprayed this with Dylusions spray ink White Linen. It ran nicely into the other colors. After it dried I sprayed it again with the White Linen to make small spatters.
The squares are done with alcohol inks – Pink Sherbet, Shell Pink, Pearl, Silver. But first I used three different embossing powders with stamps. I didn’t remember at first that the alcohol inks would stain the embossing powers, but in the end this still turned out pretty.
Coming up with a title is always a challenge for me. I looked through my stamps and decided on this “Imagine” stamped in Primrose. For embellishments I stamped flowers from SU’s Secret Garden and the matching die set then colored with markers (Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette.) It is awesome to have this stamp set because I can always have just the right color of flowers exactly when I need them.
After putting this all together and sitting over night I added the three little butterflies cut from the Beautiful Wings die.
This little great grand of mine is so precious – just look at this beautiful and happy face! I love her so much.