Experimenting with a mask here, these are the steps I took.
1. Ink up the leaf outline stamp (Gently Falling) and stamp off before stamping on the white panel.
2. Cut out a stamped outline leaf on thin 20 lb typewriter paper.
3. Place the cut out leaf – the mask – over the stamped leaf on the white panel. Tape the stem tip with a bit of prepositional tape, like white artist tape, anything that can be removed without lifting the fibers of the card stock.
4. Stamp firmly with stamp (On the Grid), in as many colors as you wish. I used Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard.
5. Remove mask and continue to make card as you wish.
For my card I used these leaf stamps – a two stepper – to create leaves and added a strip of C.Cobbler and some DSP. Then mounted on More Mustard, and base is Sahara Sand.
I’d enjoy hearing what you think and if you have ever tried masking.