This is the layout I did for my Menu challenge at Let’s Scrap.
The photos are from our Scrap book Expo in Orlando. The base card stock is SU! So Saffron, side is Graphic 45. I started out with clear embossing a camera stamp on the base and painted over it with shimmer paints. The horizontal strip is dry embossed, which was tricky because I had to run it through twice. It’s cut, but it really doesn’t show. The swirls are a die cut. Title letters are from my Cricut.
The right side has strands of various ribbons and cording. The tickets are embossed and is from a Stampin’ Up! set. The scattering of small flowers are also SU! stamps and punch. The ovals are cut with my new Creative Memories cutting system I bought on this trip. The subtitle was printed from the Expo’s website.
My satin flowers! I’m delighted with how they turned out. Using a punched flower as a template I hand cut the shape, some larger than the others, from satin. I then held each near a lit candle to melt the edges, causing the satin to shrivel up a bit. Caution: The fabric WILL catch on fire. Which means danger, so be careful if you try this. I learned to go for the heat of the candle, not the direct flame. I then used my piercing tool and foam pad to punch a hole in the center of the layers all at once. Holding the layers together carefully, I inserted the rhinestone brad.