Here are my two March blocks. I had a hard time with them. I looked forward to working with the strings since I had made a string block quilt already. However the break down gave me trouble. I couldn’t get the portions on the star right and spent way too much time trying to pick just the right strip to go with each side – 8 of them. In the end my white star in the center didn’t match and mainly the points would have been lost when the blocks went together so I had to do something different. I added a thin strip to all eight sections so the points would appear and the final inside lines would match.
I’m now somewhat okay with the end result but this is a pattern I’ll not try again. I think I started in the wrong spot on the white section which caused the point problem.
This string block is quite like the quilt I made except each block was created in 4 small squares. I put this one together first and didn’t pay proper attention to the position of the strips for color and coordination, causing the block to not look very balanced. This is the reason I paid attention to the eight pieces of the block above.