Sewing for Baby

DSCN2504

babydollcrop

I took a break from making receiving blankets to sew up this pre-printed doll pillow we picked up from the local quilt shop.  I added the two pieces of lace.  The infant top and diaper cover is made from a piece of my Asian fabric collection and scraps for the patterned pieces.  I used packaged binding for the edges but plan to make my own for the next outfit because it is so hard to find a match in colors.  The next one I am currently working on doesn’t have a packaged binding available, so I picked up a small device for making my own binding. 

The last time I heard from the baby’s mother, she is still hard at work deciding on her name.  Seams she has been getting a lot of pressure for using a family name which is pushing her away from using any family name at all. He mother and I have tried to assure her she isn’t the kind of girl who succumbs to pressure and that she should go with what name she wants either way.  Although I didn’t talk about this with Kara, I chose my two babies first names as I wanted but the middle names were family names because I wanted the family name in there – no body pressured me – especially since my family had passed away anyway, I only had Greg’s family who didn’t apply any pressure – so it was good.  Actually Kara is a product of that same process – an original first and a family second.  No matter what name is chosen, she is already loved.  We are so looking forward to meeting her and loving her in person!

Advertisements

One thought on “Sewing for Baby

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s