This maternity scrub top goes in the mail today to DGD. It is cut from the same pattern I made the first one, and have material to make one more. I figure that since it fit her there is no need to try another pattern, besides this one went together more quickly being familiar with the process.
I used a bright pink ribbon with a white vine pattern over a striped ribbon, to tone down the amount of brown. I couldn’t pass up the cute owl fabric even though it has such a brown base and may not be the first choice for a maternity top. It will hopefully be a nice wearing fabric for her – wash and wear with ease.
One challenge was to use orange and I actually looked up this pumpkin pie color on my SU color wheel and found rose red to be a match. It is also a CASE of a card by Brenda, found here. The SU stamp set is Morning Cup. After stamping the three images I cut it out with a Spellbinder die, masked it, and sponged just a bit. The white flower was stamped, a punched out flower and pearl added to the center. This next card was for two challenges as well. One was to keep it clean and simple and to use the artist’s rule of three. And second to stamp within a masked die. I stamped a collage of stamps from the SU set stamp of authenticity in Sahara sand and basic brown. The embellishment on each center is stamped, punched and topped with a rhinestone. The back panel of turquoise is embossed with a plate by SU.
Thanks for stopping by to share my creativity – enjoy your own creativity and share it too!